Friday, October 3, 2008

Feed the Need


Last night I ate at Avanti Cafe in Costa Mesa (almost Newport). I've been looking forward to eaing there and I wasn't dissapointed.

Avanti is Italian for "forward" and forward thinking they are; their ingredients are all seasonal, local, organic and vegetarian. All of their breads are homemade and whole-grain. (I bought some Whole Wheat Foccacia to bring home to Shane.)

The dinner was divine. Flavor combinations I never would have thought of. I enjoyed the Yam, Bleu Cheese and Pecan Tart and my dining companion tried out the Honey Mood (roasted tofu, with mixed greens, honey-miso dressing on a whole wheat ciabatta)--also yummy. And the desserts were perfection. The peanut butter tart was heavenly and the triple ginger cookie was so moist and soft and gingery that I wanted about 3 more before I'd even finished my first. I brought home an Oat Chew for Shane (oatmeal-raisin cookie) and he loved it.

I'll be back very soon with Shane in tow to try more of their wonderful and creative meals.

No comments: